Sunday, December 17, 2006

Fang’s pathetic excuse for a Christmas Letter:

Or “Great Moments in Douschebaggery (Part II)”

No time to blog lately. Life is blowing up (figuratively; I haven’t shipped out to Iraq. Yet.) all around us. In addition to my long-standing disdain for the holidays – Thanksgiving through New Years – The Man Cub is cutting molars, so nobody’s sleeping nights these days. Lovely timing, with the end of the school quarter blessing The Missus with hundreds of papers to grade in addition to the general chaos brought about by the move across town occurring between now and New Year’s Day. Add the regular demands of my old job and her cool new one, mix in an 8-hour car drive to the in-laws for Christmas (and back) and you’ve got the recipe for a holiday season not soon to be forgotten.

That’s what the booze used to be for. Ah, sweet forgetfulness.

I finished this year’s writing project – an epic three-hour superhero screenplay – and I have no idea how I found the time, but I’m grateful I did. Besides that, this year has been all about The Man Cub and The Missus (dissertation, PhD, job search and acquisition, etc.). We’ve agreed we’re gonna try to squeeze some more of my needs in next year – for instance, a couple of consecutive hours to myself here and there, spread liberally throughout the year. We’re even talking a little Day Care for the boy.

Speaking of whom, the new domicile has a separate room for the boy! That alone should work wonders for the sleeplessness issue. Maybe Cliz will send me a pair of earplugs for Christmas – I’m ready to give them a try!

And a special shout-out to my in-laws, whose assistance and generosity this year has made so many good things possible. I’m always in a funk and thus an intolerable asshole when they come to visit, and I’d hate for them to think my pissiness is a reaction to their presence. They just keep catching me at a bad time: Parenthood.

So thanks, Mr. and Mrs. The Missus. For all that I don’t show it, I really do appreciate you.

That’s the catch-up for now. Better hit the sack while I can, as The Man Cub could go off at any minute and that would be the end of this post’s relatively easy-going equanimity.

For the record, we had every good intention of doing a nice, proper Christmas Letter this year, but time got away from us. Then we were gonna throw together a half-assed web page containing the usual Christmas Letter info, but time got away from us there, too. Now I had some more excuses as to why no one will hear from us this year-end who doesn’t read our blogs, but I’m afraid the time has gotten away from me again…

So Merry Christmas, and all that irritating stuff. Here’s hoping that 2007 finds you prosperous, me in a better humor, and our brave fighting men and women coming home in droves from the middle east.

L’chaim!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Dude.
kath

8:14 AM

 
Blogger Heather Clisby said...

Ear plugs on the way!

10:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home