Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Gates Nomination Hearing

Good god, why would anyone want the job of U.S. Secretary of Defense right now? I think agreeing to take the job should automatically disqualify a candidate on account of obvious mental defect.

Speaking of which… at the moment, Sen. Robert Byrd (D-W Va, born ca 1800) is slooooowly running through his list of prepared questions. Man, there oughtta be a cut-off age for serving in the Senate. His actual line of questioning is a good one, but his ghastly near-death demeanor is an unfortunate distraction.

I could make a good SNL skit out of this, but seriously, there’s no way in hell I’d allow history to link my name with the Iraq War. FDR would have to rise up out of his grave and ask me to serve personally before I’d even consider taking the insanely shit gig Bush, Rummy and their pals have created for this Gates guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home