Tuesday, January 08, 2008

My Latest "Face"

So the other day I’m hard at work at my computer thewayIalwaysam and the boy ambles up and asks for a pen. I hand him one and put a fresh piece of paper on top of my To-Do List, and he scribbles for about 30 seconds then puts the pen down.

I glance over at him and go, “All done?”

“Done.”

“What did you draw?” I still haven’t bothered to look.

“Face.” He yanks the paper off and hands it to me.

The frickin’ kid is just 2 years and change. This has to be an accident, doesn’t it?

Everybody who’s seen it is convinced it’s not just a face, but mine specifically. And even I have to admit, he’s got the weak-kneed, commie-lib eyes just right. It’s the closest thing to a current photo of me you’ll ever see on this site.

The other thing is, he spent about 10 minutes working up a previous attempt at this piece, and this time he nailed it in 30 seconds and walked away.

I still think he should learn to play the guitar, though. Kind of like a rock & roll safety school.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Clisby said...

That's amazing. Before I'd even scrolled down, my first thought was, "Hey, he drew his Dad!"

Yes, get that kid a guitar, ASAP.

11:34 AM

 
Blogger Kath said...

Damn impressive. I see an art scholarship in his future.

9:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home