Thursday, January 12, 2006

More Lies On TV

Today, the President is telling tall tales in Mississippi, assuring a roomful of preselected partisan rubes how great everything they've showed him looks. It not only appears like he doesn't believe it himself, but that he's not even paying attention to what he's saying. His attention drifts in the middle of sentences.

And he's working off loose notes, so the actual transcript will read like Mad Libs typed up by a room full of monkeys.

Why do I do this to myself; why am I compelled to watch his home-spun insincerity whenever the networks offer it up? I think it's because I'm still trying to get a grasp on the idea that this shallow little man is the President of the United States. I can't believe the bar has fallen so low. Washington. Lincoln. FDR. JFK. Hey, maybe Ronald Reagan, to keep it bipartisan? And George W. Bush.

One of these things is not like the others.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark Dowdy said...

Speaking of lies, Fang, have you been watching the Alito hearings?

2:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home