Thursday, January 12, 2006

I’ve been really lax

I tell people to read this thing, then I don't add anything new for weeks. Sorry. If you know me, you already know I'm a dick.

Things is busy. The home den sprang a leak during Christmas Island's annual Biblical flooding and we're having to move hearth and home to higher ground. I absolutely hate moving, even with someone else footing the bill. I still have to sit on 'hold' with the utilities, organize, catalog, throw away, box, label, stack and move my every earthly possession (Augh! Too much stuff, but I need all my toys) then repeat the process in reverse meanwhile trying to remember/figure out how the hell my computer is supposed to be hooked up while my job depends on it.

Then as long as we're belly-aching, my left arm is totally fucked up. I have this massive muscle knot on my left shoulder, and it's pinching nerves all the way down to my left hand. I can't feel my thumb or forefinger. We have an appointment with The Vet for the Man Cub next week, I'll see if she'll take a look at it if it's not better by then.

The Man Cub and The Missus continue to kick ass. He's growing almost as fast as her blog's fan-base. Sorry I can't provide a link, but she blabs about everything and I kind of like my relative anonymity. But she's becoming quite the cyberspace entity and I'm damned proud of her.

Then there's the freelance work that is dropping out of the sky. Be careful what you wish for. I wished for a few weeks off!

So my arm is fucked, I'm pulling tons of high-maintenance solo Man Cub duty, the workload is piling up like 747s over O'Hare in a snowstorm, we have to move - oh yeah, my Mom is coming to visit next week to meet her grandcub for the first time. And the torrential shitty weather promises to continue indefinitely, at least through the move date.

…I'm kind of looking ahead to February.

The truth is though, all the turmoil gives me something else to focus on besides the day to day shit that usually stresses me out, and it makes the day to day shit easier to deal with. I've always thrived in multi-faceted, overwhelming, Jack Bauer-like seemingly hopeless situations. It's the slow patches (that I long for) that throw me.

Like I said, be careful what you wish for.

That's your dime-store psychology for today folks. Pay your nickel, watch the monkey free-write till "I see our time's up for this session..."

“Never give up, never surrender - full speed ahead!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home