Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Christmas Away From Home (Part 2)

Just a brief note to mark the successful completion of a rare extended trip away from the home den. The Missus and the Man Cub came through without a scratch, and after my Time-Out, even I managed to salvage a little bit of my tattered dignity and get through the actual holiday with a touch of grace.

Now we're back home and we find the new year has blessed us with an unwelcome bounty: The torrential seasonal rainfall indigenous to this part of Christmas Island is soaking our ground floor apartment, forcing us to soon beat a hasty retreat to higher elevations. The landlord has offered to pay for movers to effect the move, but who the hell is gonna pack up my 10 million+ CDs, DVDs, comic books and action figures? Who's gonna help me figure out how to wire up my Rube-Goldberg-like accumulation of computer geegaws and gizmos after I tear them apart to move them?

Oh, the humanity.

Clearly, George Bush hates white people too.

Anyhow, I felt compelled to get this quick post out of the way before I move on to new business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home