Saturday, October 04, 2008

Johnny Cash essay: The Messenger

So it’s no secret I’m all about Johnny Cash. I think whatever answers you’re looking for in life can be found in Johnny Cash songs. I have practically everything he ever recorded and a lot of other stuff he never officially recorded.

Every once in a while, somebody finds me online with The Google, and writes me proposing a trade of some rare Cash recordings. In the last few years, nobody writing me for a trade had anything to offer that I didn’t already have, so I started telling them, since you don’t have anything to trade that I need, if you write me an essay entitled “What Johnny Cash Means To Me,” I’ll send you whatever you want.

Well, I got a great essay from a new e-friend today, and his discs will be on their way to him shortly. Since I didn’t ask his permission to post this here, we shall call him Anonymous:

lol, I'll make an essay, sure, I know exactly what to say.

What Johnny Cash Means to Me:
Johnny Cash to me is the muscle and brain of the Music Industry. With every song, came a song of Love, the Working Man, the depressed, the prisoner, everything that has emotion to it, John sang it. He made sure that problems like those were brought out and made damn sure to try to fix them as well. He was a good man, was very generous, so generous, it almost made him go bankrupt in the late 80's. He treated people the same everywhere, from Kenya all the way to New York City. He did so many benefit concerts and generous donations and such that it'd take a whole book to list them all. He loved everybody no matter what they did or how they were. He wasn't held down by the Industry either, for Music, he did what he wanted to do. Many times was he asked on the Johnny Cash show for example to not sing this, or take out this, but he wouldn't listen. In short, John to me is the Messenger, he made sure to bring out the good and bad of America, and even the world, and he did it all the way to his death.

—Anonymous

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather Clisby said...

I love that you do this and most of all, John would too.

Three cheers for Anonymous! He's nailed it ... The Messenger, indeed.

11:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home