Sunday, September 14, 2008

“Dad, it’s over.”

No question about it, the boy has started calling me “Dad” this week. From Daddy to Dad in less than seven days. I never thought of it as a demotion until it happened to me.

Just today, he started calling The Missus “Mom.” He uses both now, Dad and Daddy, but it’s startling still to hear the casual “Dad” slip out of his mouth when we’re talking. He just saw the closing credits rolling on a movie on my office TV and said, “It’s over, Dad.” Then he went into his room and put himself to bed for his nap.

Our little guy is growing up. *sniff!*

I think it’s definitely time to start having him address me as “sir.” This “Dad” crap is for the birds.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is way too young, dammit, to be addressing us with a single syllable.

10:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home