Saturday, December 30, 2006

Speaking of the former Mr. Hussein

I like to fancy myself a Newspaperman, as that is the industry I love and in which I am currently gainfully employed. So when I look at the news (which I do all the time), I don’t just look for the content, I like to see how a news organization uses context, too. Context is interesting, because among other things it does is reveal the reporting entity’s prejudices, should there be any.

Take the case of the death of Saddam Hussein. I thought the different approaches taken by CNN and FOX on their websites spoke volumes about the objectivity and credibility of the respective organizations.

Check them out. I’ll report, you decide!

CNN:
FOX:

1 Comments:

Blogger Howard said...

Wow, Fox made him out to be a death metal star. I'll be using that picture next year for Halloween. In complete contrast, CNN gave him the same tribute they gave Gerald Ford. Not really the tone I would expect for a convicted humanity criminal, but then that's why you posted them to begin with, eh? To make us think.

Nice job.

4:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home