Thursday, September 28, 2006

WTF is Lou Dobbs’ Problem With Mexicans?

Did he catch his wife shtupping Pablo the pool boy or something?

I see the headline on cnn.com, “Dobbs: Keep religion out of politics,” and I think “Far out! He’s finally gotten off immigrant-bashing and is staking out some fresh turf,” turf I coincidentally happen to agree with. So like the fool I am, I click through.

Sure enough, to no one’s surprise but mine I guess, by the seventh paragraph he’s all over the Catholics and Mormons like stink on George Allen for coddling Mexican laborers of the undocumented variety.

With the world going to hell in a handcart because of battling religious crazies, Dobbs can’t talk about it for more than a couple minutes before falling back on his one-note tirade against the Vast Brown-Skinned Conspiracy to keep white kids off their knees in the onion patch come pickin’ time.

That’s the danger we’re staring down by mixing religion and politics.

Not militant Islam, not Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell climbing into bed with W, not devil-worshipping baby-eaters… these apparently pose no threat to Dobbs’ worldview. They are merely dragging the world inexorably into WWIII (and in the case of the baby-eating devil-worshippers I made up, eating babies) – the only threat Dobbs sees in religion mixing with politics is that some swarthy south-of-the-border devils are potentially being coddled.

What an asshole. I wonder what GOP-held Congressional district he's planning on running for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home