Sunday, September 24, 2006

Hi, it’s just me

In case you were wondering what happened to me, so was I. It seems all the time and energy usually allocated to outrage has been taken up with other stuff since my vacation ended.

Don’t get me wrong. There’s been plenty to be outraged about. Politics are pretty reliable in that regard.

My man Bill Clinton has even been making the rounds of the press – I understand he got pissed off in a Fox News interview earlier today, but I haven’t seen it yet. (I’m actually taping the replay while I type this. I swore I’d drop my blog a line tonight.)

But coming back to work from a week off, there’s always extra stuff to be handled. And The Man Cub continues to battle us on the sleep front, and I’ve got this little hobby writing project I’ve been working on finishing in lieu of keeping up with the blog.

Also been watching a lot of TV-on-DVD. Second season of “Veronica Mars,” first season of “Prison Break” and second season of “Nip/Tuck.” All recommended. What little bit of time The Missus and I can schedule together we mostly spend watching season two of “Battlestar Galactica” and wondering aloud when “Lost” is coming back on.

She starts teaching four days a week next week, her heaviest load since the boy come along. I fully expect to handle the new schedule with all the petulance, pettiness and self-absorption with which I’ve tackled every other phase of parenthood so far. We’ve gotta start seriously looking at Day Care. Our regular babysitter is also on a newly restricted schedule starting next week and we’ve learned that Daddy doesn’t actually have the wear-with-all to be the Work-At-Home-Dad he thought he would.

And on top of everything, that damned sissy Axl Rose, right on schedule, pulled the plug on next week’s local Guns & Roses show.

On the other hand, I know too many people these days with real problems. Seems more jump up every day. Medical shit. Shit that’s so bad, I’m gonna have to pick up the phone and talk directly to other people about it.

I know. That’s pretty bad.

Don’t worry, though. I’ll keep the important things all bottled up inside and just rant here about strangers doing stuff I can’t do anything about. I was looking at August’s posts the other day, and like 90% of them are nothing but bitter invective about the Rodeo-Clown-In-Chief. That guy is just always pissing me off.

Thank you for your attention. This post has been about nothing, and has been brought to you by the letters G, N and R.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Lofty said...

I heard Clinton was going to be on Meet the Press yesterday - didn't actually see it, just heard the name - and the silly old dude showed up in a dream of mine last night. There was a phoney war and he strode into the line of fire, looking much more fit and robust than he ever did in office, kinda hearty like a Viking. Anyway, he was all clever and discovered that the soldiers were using fake bullets. Then my kid woke me up, or else I probably would have made out with the charismatic creep :)

Now we get out my handy dream interpretation guide (if I had one), and realize the obvious. I want Bill Clinton to save the world. Too bad.

5:36 AM

 
Blogger Fang Bastardson said...

Well, that’s cool that you want Bill Clinton to save the world – so does he! And if you put Clinton’s clout together with Bill Gates’ cash and their combined stick-to-itiveness, you’d better believe at least some parts of the world are gonna be saved, from poverty and disease, if not incompetent governance. And then there’s Bono…

It just looks like it’s going to be Africa before America.

I’m glad left-wing Messianic Complexes lead to attempts to save the world, not the right-wing tendency to want to force the world to its kness and do its bidding.

9:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When my hub was a stay-at-home dad/writer (1999-2005) he stumbled upon a magazine called Working Mother. He wanted to start one for his ilk called "Working Mother Fucker" but he was too busy doing diapers to get to it...
YourpalVal

10:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home