Sunday, August 30, 2009

BoyToy–at-large

The Boy isn’t quite four yet but is quite tall for his size, as they used to say. I heard The Missus tell someone 44” the other day. He’s a giant. But he’s still just a little boy and an only child to boot, so he’s a little apprehensive at first in new situations. Cautious, even.

Like the other day, a friend and her little girl came to town to visit. (“Welcome to our little town. We hope you like 106 degrees of temperature.”)

She’s a year younger than he is but as most little girls are, at least a thousand times more socially advanced.

On a mid-lunch bathroom break though, he assured me, out of the blue, that he was not shy with this little girl. It turned out that ‘not shy’ was soft-pedaling it.

The dance in the clip below broke out spontaneously after we returned to the table. When I whipped out my cell phone to try to capture it, I was thinking “Ladykiller! Yes!” Later, after downloading it and looking at it again, this time with my reading spectacles on, it became clear that she was Fred Astaire and he was a reluctant Ginger Rogers.

He keeps looking at me like, “What the hell…?” and “Hey, can you help a guy out here?”

(Sorry. Without my reading glasses on, your facial expressions looked like impressionist paintings to me. Try kicking me in the shin next time.)

With mad social skills – not to mention dance moves – like his, it’s a good thing he’ll have his height to fall back on.

The clip drags a bit in the middle, but as always, the big finish is worth sticking around for or fast-forwarding to.

2 Comments:

Anonymous connie said...

Too damn cute...and I see what you mean...she is really socially advanced – she already knows that a guy's gotta being taken for a test drive! Looks like Luke passed...an adorable example of the female-male dance of life.

2:47 PM

 
Blogger Heather Clisby said...

I love the big squishy hug at the end!

12:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home