Friday, March 31, 2006

Oh, @#$%&*!! - I mean, "Whoops!"

The Man Cub just took a header off the couch onto the floor on my watch. And by God, he took it like a man! He tucked and rolled himself up into a ball as he plummeted earthward and landed with a soft “whump” but nary a whimper.

He lay there on his back on the ground, looking up at me questioningly as I raced into the front room from the kitchen. I laughed and threw my arms wide, as if to say, “Wheeeee! Wasn’t that fun?! Let’s do it again!!” Lucky for me, he bought my act, and a major episode was averted. We took an oath, there and then, that neither one of us would ever tell The Missus about it and sealed our pact by having me toss him into his crib so I could finish eating lunch.

Although both The Man Cub and I escaped unscathed, I think the dog is definitely going to require therapy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home