Tuesday, July 07, 2009

U2 fans not so crazy about Going Crazy Tonight

Actual snippets from recent u2 concert reviews, posted on their own site:

“I traveled 833 kilometers from eastern France to hear U2 play “I'll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight” - twice. Let me restate that: I traveled 833 kilometers from eastern France to hear U2 play “I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight” - twice.
I know it's only your second show on this pointlessly-enormous roadshow you've got going, U2, and you still need time to adjust to the production, but if you must do a video shoot for the worst song on your new album - I beg that you do it on your own time.”

“I love U2 and everything and the show was absolutely wonderful with lights and action - but thy need to drop the I'll Go Crazy “remix” version immediately and revert to just playing the full band version. It's just plain awful. Sometimes I don't know what the band is thinking.”

And my personal favorite so far:

“oh yeah oh yeah ooo ooo oh yeah oh yeah. love seeing a show in barcelona because it has beauty more wonderful than bees kissing.
first time i see band ever. they play this song that starts: see the storm set in your crack.
beautiful. moved to tears.
oh more beauty: during song, ultraray, bono wears light suit and he beamed it in my eye. beauty suit.
very much beauty. song of the night was party boy and girl. bono touched hand of lucky woman who had many flabs.”

More critical and inarticulate hilarity is sure to follow here as the tour and the fan-reviews continue.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Lofty said...

Yes, they've lost the plot. But I still want to see this.

7:58 AM

 
Blogger Fang Bastardson said...

Me too! Thanks for the link.

Anyhow, I really liked the new album. (Except for "Get On Your Boots," which I think is the weakest number.) As a package though, the album tracks work wonderfully well together, even the individual tunes I'm not Crazy about.

9:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home