Monday, March 09, 2009

Like Father, Like Son (Part I)

So the day care provider tells The Missus and me that some new kid’s parent was leaving him there his first day this morning, and after the parent left the child wailed copiously and carried on at length. Eventually, she said, our son responded by sternly admonishing the distraught child, “Stop that. You’re Mommy’s not coming back. Be quiet.”

As that sunk in, another one of the day care ladies said he had done the same thing to another kid last week. I looked straight at The Boy, accusingly, there in his mommy’s arms. He tilted his head toward me, his eyes lit up and a big toothy grin spread across his face.

“Luke, you must turn from the Dark Side…”

It seems he’s picking up all the wrong things from me. Besides The Missus, I can’t imagine who he could have seen me torture for sport. I’ve got to be more careful. And by careful, of course, I mean discreet.

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather Clisby said...

But what I really want to know is, did the kid stop crying after receiving the sobering message?

12:52 PM

 
Blogger Mark Dowdy said...

I was wondering the same thing.

Oh, and when Luke smiled at you re: his psychological torture of other children, was it hard not to smile back?

4:30 PM

 
Blogger Fang Bastardson said...

I never said I didn't smile back.

5:16 PM

 
Blogger Fang Bastardson said...

And oh yeah, no - the child apparently continued wailing (probably somewhat exacerbated) while The Boy got himself a good talking-to by the day care ladies.

5:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home