Sunday, March 01, 2009

Career Death March (continued/ongoing)

BCC-ed a note to The Missus that I emailed to the publisher of one of my newspapers. The note read: [The new guy, my replacement who I am training] is in the office but needs the password for the wireless. Do you know what it is?

She hit the nail squarely on the head when she replied, “OMG, your job is approaching the irrelevancy level of Sigourney Weaver’s character in Galaxy Quest. My sincerest apologies.”

Never give up. Never surrender. Full speed ahead...

2 Comments:

Blogger onehumanbeing said...

Christianity needs a new direction (if it can be saved from it's latest kidnapping) - ready to go into the ministry Rev. Fang?

It could be interesting...

You help cure your blues go worship at the L. Cohen Church of Transformation...

Leonard Cohen, Live From The Beacon Theatre (full NPR Concert):
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=101034642

The main concert is very strong, but the encore a little weak - too bad. I've listened to it several times now... and it takes me back to '93, seeing Leonard - Fang was there, and Mario, Mark Dowdy (I think), Brian Maul and some others. Fang was lead singer for Illusion Stu - a Leonard Cohen centered musical moment (you could call it a band) that altered my life in many ways.

Thanks for introducing Tania and I to the wonder and beauty of the great L. Cohen

Jon, onehumanbeing

12:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, I for one need to never here the name
"illusion stu" again... except for the lead singer who
rocked! A talent wasted on... oh, Stu!
(how is the guitar man?)

k from Me

2:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home