Sunday, December 02, 2007

I’m disappointed in Bill Clinton (...again...)

You’d think I’d be inured to it by now, but no – there’s always a new subbasement of shame waiting around the next corner.

It’s all over the news how the former President said at a campaign event yesterday that he had always been opposed to the Iraq War, and I remember at the time of the run-up to the war, being disappointed that he was among the politicos and talking heads saying that war was not inevitable. Who did they think they were kidding? It was so obvious it was inevitable, and so obvious that if I knew it, he had to have too. To my mind, that made him a de-facto supporter of the war.

I was sure it was some political calculation made way over my head, but it still made me queasy at the time. He was out of office. He didn’t have to lie anymore. (Clearly, I had not given Hillary’s political aspirations the attention at the time that the Clintons already had.)

So that was bad enough. Now he’s out there on the stump, denying having supported the war, which assertion crafty bloggers of all political affiliations will have easy fun producing video and audio clips discrediting. And it comes the same week that Karl Rove went on record that, I kid you not, the Democratic minority in the Congress pushed the White House into the war with Iraq. So now his name and Karl Rove’s can legitimately be spoken in the same breath. (Although, as you can see, still not by me.)

Anyhow… very disappointing. I’m beginning to think that maybe he did, after all, have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinski…

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Lofty said...

(I think he did too.)

6:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home