Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Dude Abides

A quick update on the home front:

The Man Cub is thriving, albeit still resisting sleeping the whole night through. He now sleeps soundly till around 5am, and won’t won’t won’t be kept up past 8 at night. Maybe I should start taking nighttime shifts with him, but I’ve seen him in action, and he’s quite adamant about his bedtime. Ready or not, he’s going to sleep.

Day care began a couple weeks ago, three days a week, with a woman the approximate size and cuddliness of Yoda whom we shall call Goda. She has all happy things to report.

He’s walking now, and working on talking. His first words, besides “Dada” (not my favorite Impressionist, but there’s no accounting for taste) are “Light!” which is applied in correct context better than 50% of the time, and “shoes” and “chicken,” both of which he pronounces approximately “Shith!”

I was planning on writing more about the boy tonight, but an insensitive freelance client just dropped a massive rush job on me, and in Fangland, bill-paying necessarily takes priority over blogging. Hope the photo fills in the gaps.

It’s not All Good yet, but it’s better than it was, and as long as we’re moving towards better and away from worse, I will count myself among the fortunate.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather Clisby said...

He gets more dang adorable every day. I must arrange a visit soon so he can start working on the phrase: "Aunt Heather is the BEST!"

11:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home