Sunday, March 27, 2011

“Sucker Punch” movie review


As a full-length movie, it made an excellent 90-second trailer. But just look at the picture above; how can I be blamed for being tricked into thinking this movie wouldn’t suck rotten eggs!? Spandex-clad babes with guns, post-apocalyptic hellscapes (I have to pay a royalty to the Tucson Chamber of Commerce every time I use this phrase, btw), even giant killer robots.

How could this movie not rule?

It’s not even worth the effort to count the ways.

Until this alleged film, I had total faith in the director, Zach Snyder of “300” and “Watchmen” fame. But now I see that his talent lies in adapting other people’s ideas, because he apparently has none of his own. Thank God his next film is a re-reboot of the “Superman” franchise, another adaptation sure to be filled with other peoples’ good ideas.

I’m sorry, Nick! Next time I’ll read the reviews, I promise. Or better yet, let you pick the film...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Lisa V said...

Bert was commenting that you'd want to see this movie and maybe he'd be willing to go with you, even with the 1/2 star. Glad he was spared.

8:46 PM

 
Blogger IdahoBert said...

I was hoping to see this film with you but we were in Portland opening weekend. I looked like a three-tissue film to me initially, but it seems that it deserved only one.

8:49 AM

 
Blogger Fang Bastardson said...

I'll be in the market for Man Dates for all the big summer films The Missus isn't interested in seeing...

8:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home