Monday, May 03, 2010

Giving back to the Man In Black

I just discovered this highly cool thing on the interwebs, The Johnny Cash Project, dealing with my favorite country/western musician. Thanks to whoever sent it to me. I’m sorry I’ve already forgotten who you were.

They have used some very complicated web trickery to keep couch monkeys like me from copying and pasting their content for easy reproduction here, but they haven’t figured their way around a screen capture yet!

If you click here, it’ll take you to the video-in-progress. I defy you to watch it and not be moved by the images accompanying the music. Their quality ranges from the sublime to the ridiculous to the WTF were they thinking—obviously, it does not take a Caravaggio or a Kinkaid to contribute.

One small glitch in the process, at least from this user’s side, is that visitors are assigned a frame at random, which means that the last twenty minutes or so I spent hunting down the frame number of the image I wanted to do was an unfortunate waste of my time. But page reloads offer competing random images to choose from.

The drawing page is intuitive and easy and although I personally do not feel that I am worthy, perhaps you are.

The variation on frame 583, above, is by one Fin Cramb of Edinburgh, Scotland. Nice work, Fin. On the other end of the talent spectrum, check out my contribution, below. God willing, The Johnny Cash Project will have the good taste or at least the good sense to decline to use it:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home