Saturday, December 12, 2009

“Dad, I want to take a picture of you.”

My son, the artist:

The Boy continues to surprise me with his aesthetic sophistication.

A little while ago I was listening to a playlist of my most recently purchased tunes while I read (Stephen’s King’s new 1,000-pager) and The Boy played with a car on the floor of my office. After a few sissy guitar folk songs, “I Love It Loud” by KISS comes roaring on. After a few measures he looks up at me and asks “Are these superheroes?” I laughed and said, “Well, kinda, yeah.”



I jumped up and grabbed the t-shirt I bought at the concert last month and showed him the band graphic on the front, in full makeup and regalia. I asked him, “Do they look like superheroes to you?” After a moment, he said, “...yeah.” I pressed the issue. “Are they Good Guys or Bad Guys?”

He smiled and affirmed without hesitation, “Good Guys!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home