Saturday, October 03, 2009

Indefense of Roman Polanski

Quaaludes? A 13-year-old victim? Anal rape??

Case closed. This is a man who deserves his day in court.

Polanski's never even denied the events in question occurred, just tried to 're-contectualize' them for three decades. Now, I'd rather we brought Osama bin Laden to justice (or Dick Cheney or George Tenet for that matter) than pissed away resources on 30-year-old sex crimes the victim doesn't even want pursued anymore, but now that we've got him, we have no choice but to feed him into the capricious maw of the American Celebrity Justice System.

So I’m sorry, Famous Directors of Filmland who have sprung to his defense, I don’t care if Polanski directed “Citizen Kane” while curing cancer, there is no statute of limitations on child sexual predation in my book. I say bring him back and let the dirty laundry fly.

Plus, when Woody Allen springs to your defense in a child sex-abuse case, it may be time to find a new champion to carry your banner in the court of public opinion.

I’m just sayin’.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Couldn't agree with you more completely.

7:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home