Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving Corn-ocopia

As God is my witness, I swore I was going to take a whole day off, and I did. No newspaper-making, no website-retooling, hell I didn't even read email from clients!

Just spent a very casual day full of quality time with the Missus and the Man Cub. Watched a lot of TV, read some comic books, had a Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat - good Lord, I even took a nap. During the middle of the day!

The sum result being, I did indeed find myself in a thankful frame of mind. Thankful for my family, our health, our relative prosperity… thankful I didn't have to take that miserable ride down the I-5 to do Thanksgiving with the in-laws. I'm sure I will completely and totally fuck up Christmas (which will kick-off with a miserable ride down the I-5), but right now, at this moment, this was a good day.

As usual, Johnny Cash said it best.

Goodnight comb

And goodnight brush...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

goodnight nobody.
goodnight mush.

2:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home