Saturday, June 06, 2009

D-Day: To Never Forget

That doesn’t include encroaching senility keeping me from realizing the 6th was today not tomorrow till 10:30 at night.

Charles Schulz always remembered the anniversary with a panel, it was one of the few days a year I glanced at “Peanuts” in the later years. I wish I knew where I had saved the panel I used to have tacked above my desk. I liked it better than the only one I could find online today, above.

It’s important to remind ourselves, while we merrily tear each other apart along partisan lines for fun and sport, our freedom to continue to do so came at a steep price not much more than half a century ago. A lot of brave guys, younger thanmany of our own sons are now, willingly threw themselves into a meat grinder for America and all she stands for.

It is well and fitting we take a few days a year to remember that, and to remember to give thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home