Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Wow, do I have a great boss!

Due to escalating Man Cub-rearing duties, a long-in-the-works mega-website just recently completed as well as growing newspaper-related responsibilities, it’s been all I can do just to keep my head above the moat. You’ll notice I update my blog about, oh, never, anymore.

It’s not just because the rest of the country seems to be coming around to my way of thinking on matters political – always the death of outrage, when your opponents start agreeing with you – it’s just that every waking moment is spent working, babysitting or wishing I was asleep… and every combination thereof.

So the blog has suffered, and apparently my email communications have, too. My boss called today – the hard-boiled newspaper publisher – just to check and see if I was okay. My emails haven’t been as, I think she said “verbose,” and she was checking in to see if things were going okay here.

No “…oh, and by the way…” moment, no secondary agenda, just one human being reaching out to another. And she gives me money, too! How great is that?!

(By the way, I’m totally not writing this to suck up to her. She’s pretty conservative, and I wouldn’t blame her if she fired me summarily for some of things I’ve written about the President. I’ve taken pains never to mention to her that I even have a blog, and I aim to keep it that way.)

I always swore I would never write about my job or my employers on this thing – people get fired over that shit all the time – but it never occurred to me I’d be compelled to write nice things. She said the funniest thing to me the other day. She said she was “disgruntled” with one of her employees. And I thought how funny that was. You never hear about “Disgruntled Employer Goes Nuts, Kills 6.” I think she’s the first disgruntled employer I’ve ever heard of.

But I’m glad she’s not disgruntled with me.

Of course, I hear the Missus and the Man Cub waking up in the next room, so I must be away. That’s just the way life is these days. Busy busy busy and oh, ‘don’t cuss in front of the baby!’

But that’s a whole ‘nother @#%&$!!! post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home